Friday, November 9, 2007

Thing 18: Online Productivity Tools [Zoho]

Zoho offers an impressive array of applications, all portable, all web-based. (I'm beginning to sense a trend here with Web 2.0!) Not only does Zoho feature Writer, its basic word processing application, but it also features web services for creating spreadsheets, presentations, wikis (!), project management software, database and reporting software, and more! It offers more options, greater convenience and enhanced flexibility over desktop-anchored software. No need for USB drives and disks to save your work, and collaboration is easy because it's web-based, not chained to your PC.

Will  the new online productivity tools supplant Microsoft one day? I'm willing to bet my dollar they will.

I wrote this post in Zoho writer, purposefully choosing a different font and color to make it stand out from my other blog entries. It's fun to change things around a bit.

No comments: