Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thing 22: Downloadable Audiobooks

I recommend listening to the Overdrive Digital Media Guided Tour, which takes about 20 minutes, before tackling this Somewhat Involved Thing. I was surprised that Overdrive didn't offer any of the titles I typed into the search box, including the highly popular The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency. I had more success just browsing through the different subject categories. Finally, I decided upon The Kabul Beauty School. After checking it out, I downloaded Part I and was able to listen to it on my PC.

This exercise was helpful in gaining an understanding of what Overdrive has to offer, how it works, and its limitations. I'll be able to answer customers' questions from first-hand experience now. I just need to figure out the MP3 transfer part and I'm all set!

No comments: