Sunday, November 4, 2007

Thing 9: Merlin, Library Blogs and Feed Finders

I really liked the Merlin site -- added it to my Bloglines account -- will revisit later to explore the learning links in greater detail.

Came across an interesting library blog, by the Ann Arbor Public Library, whose homepage is, in fact, a blog, showcasing information on library, community, and civic events (including a reminder to vote on Nov. 6 with links to local elections websites, ID requirements, etc.) Chock full of useful, relevant information. Is this the wave of the future for library homepages?

I also played around with the various search tools -- feedster, bloglines, technorati, topix.net --but the hits yielded too much junk and just too much information to sort through. For the time being, I'll stick to my handful of hand-picked subscriptions.

No comments: