Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Thing 12: Rollyo



I often search for book reviews as an avid fictionista. I used Rollyo to create a meta search using five authoritative book review (and news) sources: The New York Times, The LA Times, The Washington Post, The Guardian Unlimited (UK), and the Christian Science Monitor. I wanted to see if this works and if it would save me time. It does both! Eureka! I think I may actually use this little customized Rollyo search box for quick, filtered searches.

I invite you to give it a try: Type in the name of a random book and author, such as A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, select "Book Reviews and News" from the drop down menu, and see what turns up.

In addition to searching for book reviews, this searchroll does double duty and will also work for general news queries. Try typing in "Pakistan AND lawyers", select "Book Reviews and News" from the drop down menu, and give it a roll.

No comments: